Semi-Professional Social Media
- Brief video interview conducted by Coastal Bend Innovation Center during their Infrastructure Summit.
- Interview with DesignSafe Radio on tsunami experiments and experiences with natural disasters.
- News article on our tsunami experiments in EOS, the newsletter from the American Geophysical Union.
- A brief appearance in a promotional video for the Texas A&M Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
- Seminar on waves and surge research, as part of the “Disasters and Donuts” series hosted by the Center for Robot Assisted Search and Rescue (CRASAR).
- Coastal & Hydraulics Laboratory, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- National Geophysical Data Center Bathymetry Database
- National Data Buoy Center
- National Oceanographic Data Center
- USACE Field Research Facility
- Coastal Data Information Program
- Delft3D Open Source Community Page
- The SWAN Home Page at Delft University of Technology.
- Ocean Waves on Wikipedia.
- The National Hurricane Center.
- The Tropical Weather Page at Weather Underground.
- Emergency Response Imagery Index from the National Geodetic Survey, NOAA.
- gcc and gfortran for Mac.
- Homebrew – a package installer for Mac.
- Handbrake – a video transcoder for Mac.
- TeXworks – a useful front end for LaTeX.
- LyX – a WYSIWYG-style editor for LaTeX, should you need one.
- MacTeX – a TeX and LaTeX distribution package which contains all necessary binaries to run LaTeX on Mac OS-X. This needs to be installed in order for front ends and WYSIWYG editors to work.
- Spyder is the Python IDE I presently use. I am a Python newbie and started with Thonny, a good stripped down IDE for those like me who debug code by peppering it with “print (‘here’)” statements.
Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- My page on Reverb Nation.
- PhD Comics.
- Reverb.com – a great marketplace for used and new music gear.
- Guitar chord database.
- JHS Pedals YouTube Channel.
- Wampler Pedals YouTube Channel.
- The Pedal Bored YouTube Channel.
- CS Guitars.
- Psionic Audio.